Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wooden stocking...

Hi Everyone!  I hope your week is going well.  I thought I'd show you one of the items I made for the fair last month that didn't sell.
This wooden stocking for your wall or front door.
I drew a stocking onto a scrap of wood and cut it out with my jigsaw.  Then I sanded it smooth.  I aged it with a mixture of vinegar and steel wool that had been aging for a few weeks on the back porch.
I added the ribbon, pip berries and greenery.
It's simple and something I hadn't done before.  But it didn't sell.  Maybe I'll have to hang it on my front door this holiday season.  Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments :

  1. I think it's quite cute!Think I might make one or two myself...
    It will look wonderful on your front door .
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't sell? It's so adorable. Maybe people just weren't ready for Christmas stockings? I love that you just thought about it and created it. You are a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I have Christmas Decor block or something I am having a hard time figuring what Christmas items to make for my booth. It's making me nuts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed it didn't sell, it's so cute.
    Have you got more fairs to do before Christmas ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great looking stocking! I would have bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute stocking Holly! Ya just never know what will and won't sell...I say you should keep it and enjoy it!

    gail

    ReplyDelete